We offer you two possible banks where you can open a bank account: the ABN AMRO bank or the ING bank.
To apply for a bank account, please choose to which category you belong:
- I stay in temporary housing (for example: at friends, etc.) and I don’t have a Citizen Service Number (BSN): Unfortunately you cannot open a bank account yet.
- Due to the fact that you do not have a permanent residence or BSN, you cannot open a bank account yet. The bank will not accept your application. Therefore we advise you to wait and only apply when you have your BSN or a rental agreement.
- I stay in temporary housing (for example: at friends, etc.) and I do have a Citizen Service Number (BSN): You can open an account*.
I have a rental agreement: you can open an account*.
*ABN AMRO bank:
- Go the ABN AMRO internet site https://www.abnamro.nl/en/prive/international_student/f_aanvraag.html
- Fill in the application form for an “International Student Account”
- Print the form
- Put your signature on it.
- Hand in the completed form at the Students Desk.
- ISS will check it and if OK approve it and send it to the ABN-AMRO bank.
- You will receive an appointment by email from the bankshop ABN-AMRO Wageningen to open the bank account. They will also inform you about the documents you need to bring.
- At the bankshop the bank will finalise the process with you.
- Go to the bankshop, tell them that you are an international student at Wageningen University and ask them to open a Dutch bank account.
- Please bring your passport, proof of enrollment and citizen service number or rental agreement
Living allowance through Wageningen
Only applicable to students who receive living allowance through Wageningen University:
Please hand in your account number at the student desk with the following information or submit the information through our 'Questions and Answers' :
Address (in the Netherlands)
Bank account number
Please check your account number and make sure that it is correct.
Please make sure that you give us your personal account number and not a savings account number.
Tuesday to Friday: 09.00-17.00,
Monday to Friday: 09.00-17.00. Weekend: closed.