Please be aware that the number of Master's programmes you can apply for is limited to two per academic year. Therefore, before you apply online make an informed decision about what you want to study.
Steps to enrolment for Dutch students.
Step 1: Application and Admission (Admission requirements)
If you have previously applied for two programmes for the 2013-2015 session, do not fill in the application form again. If you have applied for only one programme and want to add a second choice, or if you can't retrieve your username and password for STARS click here.The following is required when applying for a MSc programme:
1. A completed application
- The online application form (Start date September 2014)
- The online application form (Start date February 2015)
- The online application form (Start date September 2015)
The following Master programmes are also scheduled to start in February 2015:
- Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Biology, Environmental Sciences, Molecular Life Sciences, Organic Agriculture, Plant Biotechnology, Plant Sciences.
- If you have been admitted to one of the Master Programmes starting in September 2014 (and this is one of the 8 programmes starting in February 2015) there is no need to apply for the programme starting in February. You can request an admission letter for the programme starting in February 2015 through "Questions and Answers". Please mention your name, date of birth, file number and the programme you have been admitted to.
- If you want to defer the start of your study to September 2015 you need to fill out the application form for the next year.
2. Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in
Dutch or English (or a certified English translation). Students in the final
year of their Bachelor may also apply for admission prior to graduation. The
Academic Committee on Admissions can tentatively admit students based on a
transcript of their academic record and the expected date of graduation. To
enrol as a student a certified copy of the bachelor degree must be submitted
before September 1.
3. Transcript of academic records (list of subjects and marks
obtained during the bachelor) in Dutch or English. When enrolling as a student a
certified copy of the transcript of academic records will have to be
4. English language proficiency test results
>> More information: English Language Profiency for Dutch students.
5. A statement of
motivation explaining why you wish to enrol in the chosen programme
and, if applicable, an indication of the programme’s practical value to your
profession (one page maximum).
6. A typed Curriculum Vitae or brief personal history
All documents must be submitted as PDF files.
Only complete applications will be submitted to the Academic Committee on Admissions (it can take up to two months to process the application). Your application will be processed in the Student Tracking Admission Registration System (STARS). You will receive a registration letter (by email) containing a user-name and a password. With this user-name and password you can check your application status.
An applicant who does
not meet the admission requirements and is rejected by the Academic Committee on
Admissions of Wageningen University will receive notification to this effect as
soon as possible. The applicant may lodge an appeal
against the decision.
Please note that the application becomes the property of the Student Service Centre after you send it. Therefore no original official documents should be sent. You will be required to submit a certified copy of your (Bachelor) diploma and list of subjects/marks before you can be enrolled as a student.
Step 2: Confirmation
Dutch students do not have to return the Confirmation form to the Student Service Centre.
Step 3: Payment
See Arrival and Final Registration.
Step 4: Visa
Step 5: Housing
Dutch students can arrange their housing through Idealis or they can rent a room in one of the student houses in Wageningen.
>> More about Housing for Dutch students.
Step 6: Preparation
See Step 7: Arrival and final registration
Step 7: Arrival and Final Registration
All students have to enrol at Wageningen
University. Dutch students will receive a registration form and information
concerning enrolling as a student at University at their home address in
June/July. >> For more information about the tuition fee click here.
PLEASE NOTE: Enrolment as a student at Wageningen University is only possible as of September 1 or as of February 1 (when the study programme has an official 2nd starting date or when the Programme Director of a programme without a second starting moment gives his or her consent in writing).
Enrolment as a student at any other time is only possible in exceptional cases and with permission of the Programme Director and the Head of the Student Service Centre.