Special collections holds several image collections on the research fields of Wageningen UR. The major part of the images covers (the history of) plant, animal and environmental sciences. All wall charts, drawings, photographs and designs are available for research in original shape and can be studied in the reading room. A large part of the images is digitally available.
4 Ways to find images
1. Wageningen UR Image Collections/ Beeldbank: At 'Go
to' you could find all digitised image collections or a specific
collection, for example the Tulip book by Pieter Cos (1637) or the
'Konstboeck' collected by Simon Schijnvoet from the Dutch Golden Age.
3. Garden and landscape designs and additional information on garden history can be found in database TUiN. This database is in Dutch. More on Garden designs.
4. Catalogue: in the catalogue you could search for references to all image collections, both digital as well as in original print. Please enter your subject in the search box. You could narrow your search by choosing as 'çollection' on the left side: ‘Historical photographs’ or 'Illustrated publications'. Two examples of collections that are not digitally available yet:
- Historical photographs: 5000 photos from 1850-1970. The photos portray livestock, civil engineering, garden architecture and the Dutch East Indies, especially on tropical agriculture and ethnography.
- Collection of 8000 photos of agricultural machines, techniques and buildings. Wageningen: IMAG, 1950-1990.